Ever had a print job stuck in your Windows Printer Job Queue that no matter how many times you told it to delete the job, it just won’t go away. That job that you keep trying to delete sits there. You even think that it’s mocking you, laughing at you. Yeah, you’ve had those print jobs.
Well, introducing Printer Fixer. Printer Fixer is a program that runs at the command line that I wrote quickly in VB.NET and compiled against the Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 for maximum compatibility. This program gets rid of those stubborn print jobs quickly and easily with one simple click of a mouse.
For those who are the geeks, this program does the following to delete the print jobs.
1. Asks for permission, on Windows Vista and Windows 7 this involves a UAC Prompt.
2. Stops the Windows Printer Spool Service.
3. Manually deletes all files in the “C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS” folder, this is where print jobs are placed as files waiting to be printed.
4. Starts the Windows Printer Spool Service.
5. Tells you that it’s done and to try printing.