A Public Beta version is being distributed. If you want to test it for me, you can download it using one of the links below. It's not ready for distribution but if you are having issues with the latest public version I suggest you download the Public Beta version and see if the fixes contained in it fix the issues you're having.
To instruct the program to download the release candidate versions, go to Program Options/Settings -> Software Update Settings -> Program Updates Channel -> Public Betas to receive new beta and release candidate updates. Then go to System Restore Point Utilities and click on the Check for Updates. The program will then tell you that you have a new version to download along with the changes to the public beta versions.
Please note that development is pretty fast in the beta channel and that new builds are released as soon as new code has been added. So if you don't like lots of updates and prefer updates to be a twice-a-month kind of thing, the beta channel isn't for you.
Version 6.0 Build 16 (Public Beta 7)
- Brought back the 'Enable "My Computer" Right-Click Option' on Windows 10. This is because I was able to develop a workaround for an issue that was preventing me from doing this in the past. The changelog entry below explains the workaround in detail.
- Developed a workaround for an issue in which I could not add any options to the My Computer right-click context menu on Windows 10. This workaround includes writing to the CLSID root of the current user's registry hive instead of writing to the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT hive which is forbidden starting with Windows 10.
- Updated the Fody package from version 1.28.3 to 1.29.4.
- Added missing references.
- Moved many of the PInvoke methods to a new special class called NativeMethods.
- Fixed declaration of the SendMessage API.
- Fixed declaration of the QueryFullProcessImageName and SearchPath APIs to close possible security hole.
- Removed a bunch of unnecessary Dispose() calls.
- Added a function to verify window locations to make sure that windows never get lost by having a negative X or Y value.
- Fixed a bug in which many of the windows saved the location but never loaded it back.
- Changed the message box that appears if you don't answer Yes to the UAC elevation prompt to be a system modal type message box.
- Added additional handling of IO.DirectoryNotFoundException's to the addExtendedCrashData() function.
- Updated the HTTPHelper to version 1.280 which includes a couple of fixes for the RegEx that parses out the domain name from the URL.
- Updated the HTTPHelper to version 1.275 which includes better handling of DNS Resolution errors.
- Added special handling of DNS Resolution errors.
- OK, I lied, there will be a Public Beta version after all.
- Added code to manage the list of file operations that occur at system reboot. Removed the MoveFileEx API declaration since we no longer need it. The deleteAtReboot Class replaces the MoveFileEx API declaration.
- Updated the uninstall info update code to indicate if the current build is a public beta or release candidate. This wasn't specified in the past.
- Implemented additional checks to see if the Settings file is locked at application startup.
- Added additional Null Reference checks to the function that opens the Please Wait window.
- Added a message box if an IO.FileNotFoundException is thrown when attempting to load the list of System Restore Points.
- Implemented some changes in the code that exports the settings to a file.
- Included some additional catches around the window focus commands.