A Public Beta version is being distributed. If you want to test it for me, you can download it using one of the links below. It's not ready for distribution but if you are having issues with the latest public version I suggest you download the Public Beta version and see if the fixes contained in it fix the issues you're having.
To instruct the program to download the release candidate versions, go to Program Options/Settings -> Software Update Settings -> Program Updates Channel -> Public Betas to receive new beta and release candidate updates. Then go to System Restore Point Utilities and click on the Check for Updates. The program will then tell you that you have a new version to download along with the changes to the public beta versions.
Please note that development is pretty fast in the beta channel and that new builds are released as soon as new code has been added. So if you don't like lots of updates and prefer updates to be a twice-a-month kind of thing, the beta channel isn't for you.
Version 6.1 Build 16 (Public Beta 7)
- Fixed a potential bug in which the "-deleteoldrestorepoints" command line switch wasn't working properly.
- Added the ability to assign a maxdays setting at runtime while executing the "-deleteoldrestorepoints" command line switch. This is done by providing "-maxdays=(0-9)" at runtime.
- Fixed an issue in which the handleLockedSettingsFile() function could be passed a ConfigurationErrorsException object when the function was expecting an IOException object. This has been fixed by changing the input parameter type to a general purpose Exception object type. Thanks goes out to Jack Reynolds for reporting this issue to me.
- Fixed an issue in which the message box telling you that the reserved space is set properly and that something else is wrong is obscured by the Please Wait window.
- Added application modal properties to the ERROR_SERVICE_DISABLED message box.
- Removed a system restore setup check from many parts of the program. It was causing too many false positives which caused some users to lose system restore points.
- Added the ability to save the location of the update notification window.
- Fixed an issue in which a label on the update notification window wasn't being placed right after a window resize.
- Removed a system restore setup check from the WMI.createRestorePoint() function that's used by the program to create restore points. It was causing too many false positives which caused some users to lose system restore points.
- Added the ability to make the Please Wait window that appears when updating a System Modal window.