RESTORE POINT CREATOR
SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING OR USING THE RESTORE POINT CREATOR SOFTWARE OR ANY ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENTATION (COLLECTIVELY, THE “SOFTWARE”).
THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT (“AGREEMENT”) GOVERN USE OF THE SOFTWARE UNLESS YOU AND THOMAS PARKISON HAVE EXECUTED A SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT GOVERNING USE OF THE SOFTWARE.
Thomas Parkison is willing to license the Software to you only upon the condition that you accept all the terms contained in this Agreement. By clicking on the “I accept” button below or by downloading, installing or using the Software, you have indicated that you understand this Agreement and accept all of its terms. If you are accepting the terms of this Agreement on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that company or other legal entity to the terms of this Agreement, and, in such event, “you” and “your” will refer to that company or other legal entity. If you do not accept all the terms of this Agreement, then Thomas Parkison is unwilling to license the Software to you, and you must uninstall the Software, and you must destroy all copies of the Software.
1. Updates. From time to time, Thomas Parkison may, but has no obligation to, provide updates to the Software. You are advised to update the Software regularly, or to set it to update automatically if that feature is available in your version of the Software. Thomas Parkison reserves the right to designate any updates, additional content or features as requiring separate payment or purchase of a separate subscription at any time and without notice to you. Nothing in this Agreement entitles you to receive any support, maintenance, updates, upgrades, content or new versions of the Software. Thomas Parkison specifically reserves the right to cease providing, updating, or maintaining the Software at any time in its sole discretion.
2. No Warranty. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. THOMAS PARKISON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM THOMAS PARKISON OR ELSEWHERE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT. Thomas Parkison does not warrant that the Software will meet your requirements, that the Software will operate in the combinations that you may select for Execution, that the operation of the Software will be error-free or uninterrupted, or that all Software errors will be corrected.
3. Limitation of Liability. THOMAS PARKISON’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FROM ALL CAUSES OF ACTION AND UNDER ALL THEORIES OF LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO AMOUNTS PAID TO THOMAS PARKISON BY YOU FOR THE SOFTWARE. IN NO EVENT WILL THOMAS PARKISON BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF DATA, BUSINESS, PROFITS OR ABILITY TO EXECUTE) OR FOR the cost of procuring substitute products ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE EXECUTION OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT THOMAS PARKISON HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL SURVIVE AND APPLY EVEN IF ANY LIMITED REMEDY SPECIFIED IN THIS AGREEMENT IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
4. Export Law. You agree to comply fully with all U.S. and other applicable export laws and regulations to ensure that neither the Software nor any technical data related thereto nor any direct product thereof are exported or re-exported directly or indirectly in violation of, or used for any purposes prohibited by, such laws and regulations.
5. General. This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio, without regard to or application of conflict of laws rules or principles. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply. You agree that any claims or actions regarding this license may be brought solely in the state of federal courts located in Cleveland, Ohio, and you waive any right to challenge jurisdiction and venue therein. You may not assign or transfer this Agreement or any rights granted hereunder, by operation of law or otherwise, without Thomas Parkison’s prior written consent, and any attempt by you to do so, without such consent, will be void. Except as expressly set forth in this Agreement, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under this Agreement will be without prejudice to its other remedies under this Agreement or otherwise. All notices or approvals required or permitted under this Agreement will be in writing and delivered by confirmed facsimile transmission, by overnight delivery service, or by certified mail, and in each instance will be deemed given upon receipt. The failure by either party to enforce any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that or any other provision. Any waiver, modification or amendment of any provision of this Agreement will be effective only if in writing and signed by authorized representatives of both parties. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent possible, and the other provisions will remain in full force and effect. This Agreement is the complete and exclusive understanding and agreement between the parties regarding its subject matter, and supersedes all proposals, understandings or communications between the parties, oral or written, regarding its subject matter, unless you and Thomas Parkison have executed a separate agreement. Any terms or conditions contained in your purchase order or other ordering document that are inconsistent with or in addition to the terms and conditions of this Agreement are hereby rejected by Thomas Parkison and will be deemed null.
6. Contact Information. If you have any questions regarding this Agreement, you may contact Thomas Parkison at firstname.lastname@example.org.