Did you install the Windows 10 Anniversary Update? Wondering where your restore points went? See the FAQ or Frequently Asked Questions for details on what happened.
|Seen on Betanews.com!||
Restore Point Creator – 5 stars @ GIGA
Guaranteed to contain absolutely NO spyware or PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Programs)!
(When downloaded from this web site. I do not have control over download sites such as Download.com.)
SHA1/SHA160: file doesn't exist
SHA256: file doesn't exist
file doesn't exist
VirusTotal Scan Results
This is version 4.1 Build 5, the last version of System Restore Point Creator that is compatible with Windows XP. Any future versions of System Restore Point Creator will not run on Windows XP. Windows XP users will not receive any new updates. If you want to continue using System Restore Point Creator and get support you must update your system to Windows Vista (or newer).
VirusTotal Scan Results
Version 5.4 Build 1 is now available for download and updating through the program. All updates to the program can be checked for and downloaded by clicking on the “Check for Updates” button in the program. A full changelog can be found here.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.x, and Windows 10.
System Requirements: Microsoft .NET Framework v4.0
This version includes a number of fixes, improvements, and an added feature to the program that's been requested for a long time.
* Changed much of the multi-threaded code to use Background Pool Threads instead of spawning my own threads.
* Simplified the GUI code of the update notification window.
* Updated HTTPHelper to version 1.215.
* Added the ability to auto-elevate the task when executing the program with the "-createrestorepoint" switch along with the "-name" parameter. This was broken in the past, thanks goes out to Paul Merritt for reporting this issue to me.
* Added note to the Command Line Arguments window that the commands are recommended to be ran from an elevated command prompt. Thanks goes out to Paul Merritt for reporting this to me.
* Fixed a bug in which the Reserved System Restore Space for System Drive window wasn't showing on top of other windows like it should.
* Completely rewrote the selected restore point deletion routine. Now all confirmation of restore points happen on the main thread with only the process of deleting said restore points being processed on a background thread.
* Implemented a way for the user to tell the program to not ask to confirm the deletion of each selected restore point if the user so chooses to do so once the confirmation dialog box is shown.
* Finally added a long requested feature to the program, the ability to confirm the deletion of selected restore points in a batch.
* Included some code optimizations on the Disk Space Usage window.
* Finally fixed a handle leak on the disk space usage tool in which it was leaking system handles/objects.
01 – Reset Registry Permissions
03 – Register System Files
04 – Repair WMI
18 – Repair Volume Shadow Copy Service
25 – Restore Important Windows Services
26 – Set Windows Services to Default Startup
If this doesn’t work for you then your system will need to be re-installed from your Windows installation media.
If you need to bypass the no UAC launcher, download Restore Point Creator forced UAC Prompt.reg and launch it. This will force Restore Point Creator to use the UAC prompt.
To restore the no UAC launcher, download Restore Point Creator no UAC Prompt.reg and launch it.
Ever found that creating Restore Points in Windows is a bit tedious? Click this, click that, go there, click another thing, and then finally you’re at where you need to be to create a Restore Point. There’s got to be an easier way to do all of that. Right? Well, now there is.
Introducing Restore Point Creator, written by Me.
Create and manage System Restore Points quickly and easily, all from a free simple program. No more drilling through multiple menus in Windows just to create a System Restore Point, now all you have to do is run this program and that’s it. Follow the simple program layout and you have your System Restore Point created in no time at all.
Plus, for users of Windows 7 and Windows 8, creating System Restore Points is even quicker and easier with this program. Just pin this program to the Taskbar and you have the ability to quickly create System Restore Points using one of the two pinned Tasks (“Create System Checkpoint” and “Create Custom Named”) that the program creates. It’s that simple.
- Create System Checkpoint — Creates a System Restore Point with the name of “System Checkpoint made by System Restore Point Creator”
- Create Custom Named — Asks you what you want your System Restore Point to be named and then creates one based upon what you inputted.
Download it for free here. Full Source Code is available for review upon request.
If you like this program, feel free to donate. Or feel free not to donate. It doesn’t matter to me. Donations to use this program will never be required to use this program. It is and always will be a free program. But, if you do feel that you want to donate it would be a nice gesture of appreciation for the program.
A fan of this program decided to put together a video demonstrating the usage of this program. Thank you.